English for Academic Purposes (JDB电子游戏 Skills)
The English for Academic Purposes (JDB电子游戏 Skills) Programme is for international students intending to study at JDB电子游戏, and who are required or wish to improve their English language and study skills before starting their degree studies.
Update- 24 November 2021
The EAP programme will be delivered in person on campus. If you are unable to attend in person, there may be the option to take the programme online, please contact us for further information.
The English for Academic Purposes (JDB电子游戏 Skills) Programme is a 4-week programme for international students intending to study at JDB电子游戏 who are required or wish to improve their English language and study skills before starting their degree course.
The programme is designed to:
- develop the language skills you need for academic study at JDB电子游戏
- prepare you for studying and living in the JDB电子官方网站 area.
The main emphasis is on academic reading and writing skills, as these are very important for your later study. Speaking and listening skills are also covered, together with integrated work on language use in an academic context. We also provide tutorials (one-to-one discussions) to help you individually with your study needs, especially in relation to academic writing.
The course typically includes the following components
- Academic Reading and Writing: The reading and writing skills you need for intensive study in higher education - adopting different strategies for different reading purposes; critically evaluating key texts; organising essays and reports; using an appropriate writing style.
- Listening Comprehension: How to follow academic lectures and seminars and make useful notes.
- 说话技巧: How to take part in seminars (group discussions) - asking and responding to questions, giving and justifying opinions, making presentations and learning from feedback.
- 语言发展: This is an integral part of all our course components. The focus is on how language is used to express specific meanings in different academic contexts, especially in written assignments.
The course is full-time, with periods set aside for self-directed study.
For enquiries about the course content, logistics and arrivals, please email globalschools@JDB电子官方网站.ac.uk.
For enquiries about your main degree programme, please contact 你的部门.